50. Boeing 737 in Bali
Since 2007, this sight on the southern coast of the Bukit Peninsula has baffled everyone.
49. Lockheed T2V-1 in New Jersey
This training plane has lain in a forest near the town of West Milford, NJ since 1962.
48. Swearingen SA-226T in Central New Jersey
Vandalized and abandoned, the aircraft encountered an engine problem, and it crashed and burned.
47. B-24A-CO Liberator on Atka Island
On a weather reconnaissance mission, the plane had to take a forced landing in 1942 in one of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska.
46. Hovercraft Ruins in Green Cove Springs, Florida
Found in a former U.S. Naval Air Station, this abandoned hovercraft was never finished.
45. Spacecraft in Kazakhstan
During the fall of the Soviet Union, this spacecraft was found abandoned inside a Vehicle Assembly Building in Kazakhstan.
44. PV-1 Ventura from World War II
A Royal New Zealand Air Force plane, this was scrapped for parts and then eventually abandoned.
43. Boeing 747s and 727s
These two forgotten Boeing airliners were found together in an airfield.
42. Aircraft in North Carolina
Located in an airfield in Bryson City, this abandoned aircraft was discovered by a flying drone.
41. Colombian Narcoplane in Mazunte, Mexico
Believed to be a drug plane, this was shot down by the Mexican army and crashed on a beach in Mazunte.
40. Lockheed P-38 Lightning in Wales
This WW II fighter aircraft wreckage appeared on a Wales beach in 2007.
39. WW II fighter plane in Palau
A fantastic relic, this Japanese fighter plane was discovered off the coast of Palau in the Pacific Islands.
38. U.S. Navy DC Plane in Iceland
This plane wreck is found in the South Coast of Iceland; its remains are on the sand very close to the sea.
37. Air Canada Viscount in Garland, Manitoba
This derelict Vickers Viscount plane was found abandoned in Manitoba, Canada.
36. C-54 in Alaska
Found in Ganes Creek, Alaska, this aircraft had an emergency landing after a fuel tank explosion.
35. C-121 Lockheed Constellation ‘Pegasus’ in South Antarctica
This aircraft crashed in Pegasus Field due to low visibility landing conditions.
34. Douglas DC-3 in Zeljava Air Base
This is located in the enormous Zeljava Air Base on the border between Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
33. C-46 Commando in Churchill, Canada
Turned into an art display, this C-46 Commando suffered a partial engine failure in 1979.
32. Inside an abandoned plane in Nicosia International Airport
Nicosia International Airport in Cyprus has been abandoned since 1974, and this plane is one of its relics.
31. R4D Transport Aircraft in Iceland
The Douglas R4D-8 U.S. Navy transport plane was forced to land when it encountered severe icing during one of its regular runs.
30. F4F-3 Wildcat in the depths of the Coral Sea
This rare aircraft was discovered next to the wreck of the USS Lexington.
29. MiG-21 in Afghanistan
This Russian-made MiG-21 single-engine jet fighter was found abandoned in Afghanistan.
28. Bell P39Q Airacobra in the Russian Arctic Circle
Found at the bottom of Lake Mart-Yavr, this airplane was force-landed in 2004.
27. Curtiss Kittyhawk P-40 in the Sahara Desert
The perfectly-preserved plane, which crashed in 1942, was discovered in the middle of the desert in 2012.
26. Mi-17 Helicopter at Everest Base Camp
The helicopter crashed in 2003 in a stream near base camp.
25. 1955 Gloster Meteor
This abandoned British Jet Fighter from 1955 is the only Allied jet aircraft to reach operational status during WW II.
24. Ford 5-AT-C
This plane, more popularly known as the “Tin Goose,” used to be part of the Royal Australian Air Force.
23. Douglas DC-4 at Gila River Memorial Airport
This Douglas DC-4 is found in a retired airplane boneyard in Chandler, Arizona.
22. Military Helicopter in Khodynka Aerodrome
This is just one of the many abandoned aircraft found in Moscow’s oldest airfield.
21. Douglas DC-4 Aircraft inside the Gila River Indian Reservation
One of the many aircraft found abandoned at the Gila River Memorial Airport.
20. Military aircraft at Khodynka Field, Moscow
Now an aircraft graveyard, we find these old, rusty military aircraft in the former Russian airport.
19. A Soviet-made plane in Grenada
Located at Pearls Airport in Grenada, this was used by Cuba and abandoned in 1983.
18. Ilyushin II-76 Cargo Plane
Abandoned in the desert in Umm Al Quwain, UAE, this Soviet Cargo plane is linked to arms dealer Viktor Bout.
17. Beechcraft 65-80 in an abandoned hangar
Reportedly used for illegal smuggling, this plane was left abandoned in a hangar.
16. Crop Duster in Lomond, Alberta
This dual-engine crop duster was found in a farmer’s field.
15. Beechcraft 18 in New Hampshire
Also known as the Twin Beech, this plane was found abandoned in New Hampshire.
14. MiG-15 in Albania
Found inside a hangar in Kuçovë Air Base, this superior jet fighter surprised the U.S. Military in the 1940s.
13. Abandoned Antonov An2
This Soviet mass-produced aircraft was known for its power and durability.
12. MiG-25 PU Two-Seat Trainer in Khodynka Aerodrome
Another abandoned plane left to rot at the former Khodynka Aerodrome in Moscow, Russia.
11. Abandoned Douglas C-47 Skytrain
Used by the Allies in WW II as a transport aircraft, it saw combat service well into the Vietnam War.
10. Colombian Drug Plane in the Bahamas
This abandoned Panther aircraft was used as a drug smuggling plane.
9. Abandoned Plane in Tampa, Florida
Found at Peter O. Knight Airfield, this plane still had tie-downs holding it in place.
8. Douglas C-54D-DC in Puerto Rico
Located in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, this abandoned plane is in a fenced area just 50 yards from the road.
7. An-12 in Afghanistan
This Soviet-made aircraft was found at Bagram Airport sitting on tanks and full of graffiti.
6. Two Beechcraft 18s in Hawaii
These two Beech 18s was found in Dillingham Airfield in Oahu.
5. DC-10 Airplane at Cubi Point Naval Air Station
An abandoned World Airways airliner that wasn’t able to fly due to wet volcanic ash during the 1991 Mt. Pinatubo eruption in the Philippines.
4. Mitsubishi Zero on the Marianas Islands
This abandoned WW II Japanese aircraft is just one of the many abandoned planes on the island.
3. Abandoned Beriev VVA-14
This experimental amphibious aircraft was designed in the Soviet Union in the 1970s.
2. 1965 Aero Commander 1121 in Pennsylvania
Found at the McVille Airport in Armstrong Country, this is in permanent static display for everyone to see.
1. Abandoned Piper Aztec
First introduced in 1960, the Piper Aztec was a light aircraft with twin engines.